Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Resolution

So it has been a while. A very long while. I kinda got lost on the way to my keyboard. I haven't written a word for months, even though several times a day I swear that right after lunch or after I finish this load of laundry or right after I put the groceries away I'm going to drag my sorry ass to the laptop and put some ideas down. I just haven't gotten there. Maybe it's a mid-life crisis thing, with 40 looming large on the horizon, its tentacles tightening their grip on me as I fight its stranglehold. I'm not growing older gracefully. I'm doing so with all the grace of a toddler denied a treat after missing her nap. Internal tantrums aside, I'm getting back on track. Screw 40. It's just a number. Granted, a high, depressing number, but a number all the same.

So I'm going to drop the excuses, get back in shape, and start writing regularly again. I mean it this time. This is more than a New Year's resolution. It's a promise to myself to refocus on the things that are important: writing, being healthy and energetic (so I can kick 40's ass!), and being a positive force in this house for my kids. So there you have it. It's in writing. I'm back on track for 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment